Written by Shuyao Kongsubmitted by CoinExcom to btc [link] [comments]
Published by decrypt.co
An interview with Haipo Yang, a crypto OG who’s trying to reposition his Bitcoin Cash-based CoinEx exchange. And more, in this week’s da bing.
Haipo Yang, founder of ViaBTC, one of the largest mining pools in the world, and CoinEx, a crypto exchange known for its focus on Bitcoin Cash-based trading, is a well-known but relatively quiet character in China’s crypto circle. Typically, Yang doesn’t talk that much about his journey launching the mining pool, nor about CoinEx, which launched in December 2017.
And he almost never speaks about his fervent support for BCH, a hard fork of Bitcoin, and his now even more enthusiastic belief in BSV.
Yet that’s changing of late. Yang has been more active in recent months, participating in interviews about CoinEx and tweeting more frequently on Weibo, China’s Twitter. He’s been making controversial statements predicting the death of BTC, while supporting BCH and BSV on social media.
Recently, Yang told me that as a developer rather than a business person, he’s never been comfortable speaking in public. However he’s making an effort now to help publicize his renovation of CoinEx. So, for this week’s da bing, I decided to chat with him and get a peek into the mind of a veteran crypto entrepreneur who’s trying to make a personal, as well as a platform, comeback.
CoinEx’s golden opportunityThe first hard fork of Bitcoin occurred in August, 2017 and created a new cryptocurrency called Bitcoin Cash. The fork was prompted by partisans, including Yang, who wanted bigger block sizes on the blockchain — the basic idea was that bigger blocks would enable more transactions per second and make Bitcoin Cash something people would actually use to buy things, rather than Bitcoin’s more commonly perceived use as a store of value.
Yang added a tremendous amount of value to the mining scene in China. As a technical founder with has years of experience in big tech firms such as Tencent, Yang is proud of his #buidl skills. He developed most of the code in the early days of VicBTC, which became one of the biggest mining pools to this day.
Not satisfied with owning just a mining pool,Yang conceived of CoinEx, which was born in December of that year, specifically to carry on the mission of the newly forked Bitcoin Cash blockchain. As he got swept up in Bitcoin Cash enthusiasm, he even said that “BCH is bitcoin.”
CoinEx’s strategy was BCH-focused from day one; BCH was its base currency, meaning you could use it to buy and sell other currencies, such as Ethereum and Litecoin.
Interestingly, Jihan Wu, the co-founder of Bitcoin Exchange — himself a famous BCH supporter — was a big investor in the exchange. That made me wonder why he, Yang, and many other OG crypto miners, were so passionate about BCH. Was it just about bigger block sizes?
“Bigger block size means more users and use cases,” Yang explained. The move to bigger block sizes was attractive to miners because they would facilitate more transactions. Miners make money on transaction fees, as well as mining blocks. Likewise, the network would arguably be more useful to people, who were looking for digital cash for every day use.
That especially resonated with many early hardcore Bitcoiners. Said Yang: “We really believe that Bitcoin should be a P2P cash vehicle rather than a store of value.”
This view probably sounds outdated to people who believe that Bitcoin’s value as cash is long gone, with solutions such as Lightning Network fulfilling that role. Instead, the new narrative for Bitcoin resides in its value, rather than utility. Yet Yang believed that the forked network would create far more opportunity
“We could invite influential companies to establish nodes and contribute to the network. This cannot be done with the original Bitcoin architecture,” he said.
CoinEx pivotsBut from its inception, CoinEx struggled with adoption and was dwarfed by the bigger exchanges. Part of that had to do with the fact that BCH and “Bitcoin Satoshi’s Vision,” another Bitcoin hard fork, were both controversial. Critics pointed out that these networks are centralized in a few big mining pools, and 51% attacks are not out of the question.
So over time, though Yang’s exchange still maintains strong support for BCH and BSV, it began to add support for all the major currencies.
Finally, in January of this year, it announced a major upgrade, of… well, just about everything. It started to offer futures trading, leveraged trading, options trading, and over 100 token projects available to traders. It even rolled out its own blockchain, “CoinEx Chain” to support a new DEX, “CoinEx DEX.”
The seemingly sudden publicity of CoinEx should not come as a surprise, then. As BCH/BSV was being marginalized, Yang shifted his focus. He’s now trying to ride the wave of building a bigger, more dynamic exchange.
“Crypto exchanges are where value is discovered,” Yang told me.
CoinEx: TNGBuilding an exchange isn’t done overnight, nor is re-building one. CoinEx is still competing with the giants such as Binance.
However Yang thinks his exchange will thrive by zigging when his competitors zag. As usual, CoinEx is taking a slightly different route, he told me.
Like what? “We will be listing 小币种,” he said, using the expression for “small token projects.” I cannot help but wonder if these “small token projects” are simply shitcoins, the trading of which is certainly not new.
Indeed, Yang said that he’s banking on the success of his new, public blockchain. “We are building a CoinEx Chain, a layer one protocol for DEX alone. Using our public blockchain, anyone can issue any token, at any time,” he said. He described the blockchain as “a real decentralized, token-issuance and transaction platform.”
This is the core of Yang’s plan and vision. He believes that centralized exchanges will be a bottleneck for crypto adoption because it contradicts crypto’s nature as a completely free and open infrastructure. Essentially anyone should be able to launch a token and trade it with anyone. Only by building DEXes can we achieve full decentralization, he says.
The Religious nature of Bitcoin, and forked BitcoinIt’s his belief that Bitcoin should adhere to Satoshi’s original vision that led Yang to send yet another controversial tweet last week, which I will translate: “The early days of Bitcoin expansion are similar to religion. The religious fervor brings prosperity to the industry.”
By extension, Yang believes that the next generation of Bitcoin should provoke a similar “religious” fervor. That’s why he has slowly become more of a BSV advocate than a fan of Bitcoin Cash. Yang believes that “BSV has more religious connotations, despite its negative image.” (As most crypto people know, the controversial Craig Wright, who claims to be Satoshi Nakamoto, led the hard fork which created BSV. Consequently it is often met with skepticism and derision.)
“The early days of Bitcoin expansion are similar to religion,” said Yang. “The religious fervor brings prosperity to the industry.”
Crypto is famous for its tribalism. Many people choose one camp over another not for practical reasons but because of simple faith. Talking to Yang and reading his tweet brings a historic texture to the Bitcoin narrative. But crypto cannot survive on religion alone. One has to build. Hash might have been worshipped in the old days but now the crypto religion is all about the size of the congregation.
Click here to register on CoinEx!
We present to you the report filed by the analysts of our private club for November 19–25, 2018.submitted by Golden_Island_Club to u/Golden_Island_Club [link] [comments]
1. The key market events in the period from November 19–25, 2018
1) The launch of Bakkt and the start of futures trading with physical delivery are put off until January 24, 2019. 2) A tweet from CEO Binance: “I wish I could tell you my lame story from 2015, when the $btc price “crashed” to below $200, and I just sold my house and bought in at $600 a few months earlier… Well, I am still here.” 3) Hardfork of Bitcoin Cash resulted in losses for the traders of the OKex exchange, which was forced to close Bitcoin Cash futures contracts worth $135 million. 4) Poland introduces a 19% tax on profits from operations with cryptocurrencies, which would apply to individuals and companies. 5) The SharkPool mining pool has declared war on the Altcoins, as it believes that any bitcoin forks contradicts the Nakamoto consensus. 6) Ethereum hashrate fell by 25% and reached a minimum of 236 TH/s. Bitcoin also lost 11.6% of its hashrate when its price dropped. 7) The US Department of Justice initiated an investigation into the manipulation of bitcoin rate during a rally last year; Tether company is the main suspect. 8) Deputy head of the State Duma Committee on Education and Science Boris Chernyshov (LDPR) proposed to replace the Unified State Exam with an early talent identification system for schoolchildren, which runs on blockchain. 9) Tobacco shops in France have received government permission to sell small amounts of cryptocurrency starting from 2019. 10) A US mining company Giga Watt went bankrupt, its debt to customers reaches millions of dollars, but the company declared insolvency. 11) The class action lawsuit against Coinbase was updated with information on insider trading within Bitcoin Cash and was again filed with the court on November 20. 12) Saudi Arabia, together with the UAE, will release its own cryptocurrency, which will be used by banks as a payment instrument. 13) Due to the fall of the hashrate in China, ASIC miners are getting disposed of: they are dumped in a heap on the street, and the miners sell them by weight, according to cnLedger. 14) Banks of Europe will be a part of the International Association of Trusted Blockchain Applications of the European Union (IATBA), which will promote the technology and create protocols for it. 15) Ethereum team is preparing a new update, unknown to the general public. 16) The blockchain project of the Telegram Open Network, founded by Pavel Durov, is 70% complete. This became clear from the documents, published online by Button co-founder Mike Dudas. 17) Given the recent drop of the first cryptocurrency, the number of search queries for the word “bitcoin” increased by 30%. However, compared to December values, the current number of search queries for the word “Bitcoin” is very small. 18) Lightning network (LN) is growing exponentially. Over the week, the network has grown twofold.
2. Market analytics from club experts for November 19–25, 2018 The last week turned out to be a real test for all crypto-enthusiasts. The BTC price continued to fall at a fairly stable pace. The total capitalization of the crypto market dropped from $185 billion at the beginning of the week to $120 billion by its end. The trading volume reached $24.8 billion at peak times, but on average, nothing changed during the week, leaving the volume at $13–15 billion. The BTC share almost did not change — 56%, reaching 60% only at peak times as traders abandoned altcoins. The price for 1 BTC dropped from $5,615 at the beginning of the week to mere $ 3,800 by the end of it. Sometime during the week, the price remained at $4,600 and some traders already hoped for a reversal, but the BTC crushed that hope and dropped to $4,000. In the following days, the BTC continued falling to $3,400–3,600, even dropping to $3,000 on some small exchanges, however, it soon bounced back to roughly $3,850. Altcoins, of course, followed the main engine of the market. The general decline of the crypto market was accompanied by panic sales at some points. ETH dropped to $100! Cryptoinvestors, most of whom do not keep in touch with the global events, have already begun to declare the “bubble burst”. Experienced investors, on the other hand, compared the fall in the stock market (it reached 5% for the largest companies, and this is a lot) and the previous BTC price falls, and decided to continue purchasing the coins that was sold in panic. Renowned individuals — VC investors, traders and enthusiasts — say the BTC can even drop to $2000–2500, but at the same time, they also have no doubts about the subsequent amazing growth. During all difficult times, there were people who succumbed to panic, but hodlers or those who expand their portfolio now will definitely not regret it in the future!
3. Changes in the cost and capitalization of the TOP-10 cryptocurrencies in the period from November 19–25, 2018
4. TOP-3 growing coins from the long-term portfolio for November 19–25, 2018 (including portfolio updates)
In fact, not a single coin gained in price during the last week. QuarkChain showed some promise due to the launch of testnet and the possibility of mining, but it also fell a bit by the end of the week. Fusion is growing in ETH price, showing zero growth in USD. The bottom is out there.
Want to be the first to receive news, updates from analysts and trade signals? Join @gitsupport channel and start earning with us!
|Rate (per day)||2.11||391.02|
Generated with BBoe's Subreddit Stats (Donate)
Bitcoin News Miner. Home Bitcoin Ripple Hit with Lawsuit While Binance Expands XRP Listings. Bitcoin; Ripple Hit with Lawsuit While Binance Expands XRP Listings. By. bitcoinminer - May 5, 2018. 243. 0. Facebook. Twitter. Google+. Pinterest. WhatsApp. It has been a tumultuous week for San Francisco based Ripple Labs which now finds itself embroiled in another law suit. This time a disgruntled ... Bitcoinist Alameda Research, FTX’s parent company has called out the $150 million lawsuit slapped on it for manipulating markets as utter ‘nuisance’. The class-action is based on a September 15 event, in which the smaller futures exchange attempted an attack against Binance Futures, with the aim of achieving liquidations. Alameda Research Calls Lawsuit Baseless Soon […] Binance will consolidate its bitcoin mining, ConsenSys is accused of intellectual property theft and Wonder Woman's illustrator will sell art on Ethereum. Binance announced Wednesday the successful recovery of $344,000 in funds from the attempted exit scam of Wine Swap, a project on the Binance Smart Chain . Wine Swap was an automated market maker platform similar to Uniswap that launched on Oct. 13. Within an hour of the launch, it had amassed $345,000 in funds which were promptly pulled from ... Bitcoin Miner Maker Ebang Narrows First Half Loss To $7 Million, as Covid-19 Hit Demand . Ebang International Holdings Inc., the Chinese maker of bitcoin mining hardware, reported a net loss of $6 ... [ September 4, 2020 ] ETH miner revenue reaching a new all-time-high may be bad news for low volume yield farmers Ethereum [ September 4, 2020 ] Lane County reports 7th COVID-19 death Ripple [ September 4, 2020 ] Revolut Launches Crypto Exchange for Australia; Adds Bitcoin Cash and Litecoin for US Traders Litecoin [ September 4, 2020 ] Coinbase exits blockchain lobbying group after Binance’s ...
[index]          
This week the Layer1 crew discusses Binance's acquisition of CoinMarketCap, the flurry of class action lawsuits last week, Coinbase deploying project funding, MakerDAO setting up dissolution, and ... Today we look at the crazy lawsuit news today involving many of the space's biggest companies. Article by Tim Copeland and Amy Castor: https://decrypt.co/245... පහසුවෙන් BitCoin සහ වෙනත් Coin ඕනෑම CPU/GPU එකකින් mining කරන හැටි - ًWinMiner Sinhala Guide - Duration: 15:24. Thakshanavediya ... Heute geht's um folgende Themen: Binance gehackt – 7.000 Bitcoin (BTC) gestohlen, Sprott CEO Bullish bzgl. Blockchain gedecktem Gold & Bitmains Mining Power stark gesunken. Blockchain gedecktem ... 🔥 Get the Ledger Nano X to Safely store your Crypto - https://www.ledgerwallet.com/r/acd6 🔥 Become a Channel Member - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjpkws... JP Morgan Defeated By Bitcoin, Settles Crypto Lawsuit for $2.5M - Digital Dollar Whitepaper - Duration: ... Binance starts Mining Pool. 68k Bitcoin on the move - Duration: 8:07. Crypto Daily ... Jan.10 -- Binance CEO Zhao Changpeng discusses the challenges exchanges face, possible rules and regulations, and talks about the future for crypto currencie... Crypto Market Plummets, XRP Crossroads, Binance Singapore & Lawsuit Against Bitcoin The Modern Investor. Loading... Unsubscribe from The Modern Investor? ... Binance Tutorial deutsch In diesem Video erfährst du wie man auf der Plattform Binance Kryptowährungen handeln kann und gegen Bitcoins kaufen und verkaufen k... This is an educational video on bitcoin mining of binance pool and not a financial advice. #Binance #BinancePool #Binance pool If you want to sign up to Bina...